AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

AvP versus AvP2

Forum: AvP Game
Everything about the First Game from Rebellion.
Topic: AvP versus AvP2
Total Posts: 31

Terrorfarmer

Hey ppl.... I would like to know which of these games you like best in 1: single player

2: multiplayer

My opinion is: 1: AvP2

2: AvP

Why I like avp 1 more in multiplayer is because i think it plays more like in the movies. The alien is quick and it realy feels cool playing it. I also like the tail more in avp. Plz post your opinions so I know how other people think of it

Cougar

I like the avp2 single-player missions more than the ones in avp too. I agree, multiplayer in avp2 isn't as good as what it was in avp.. So I am going:

1) AvP2

2) AvP

-Cougar-

the_demigod

I'm not a MP man, so I can't really comment on that...

but:

1. storyline: AvP2

2. levels: undecided

3. Play: AvP

4. Aliens: AvP

5. Preds: AvP2

6. Marines: AvP

7. Engine: AvP2 [although veery underused]

Terrorfarmer

hey nice one demigod..... i haven't thought of that.. i agree on most things except that i liked the pred in avp1 better cuz SC was cooler in avp1 and engine is something we can argue about but in my opinion the avp1 engine was more designed for this type of game.. the thing i liked most was that you could shoot the innerjaws out of the aliens mouth , altough i'm a huge alien fan

UJITTA

Single-Tie

Multi-AVP2, for all the new game modes, although team dm is my fav still

Mariini

AvP rules, multiplayer is totally awesome. Cooperative rox. And why the hell alien in AvP2 is so slow? It is like a human running, or better, WALKING around" Also pred is too slow in 2, pred is more bigger and muscular than human and it can jump so high= big muscles so it should be faster. I like AvP is better...

Terrorfarmer

yes! that's indeed the thing that i hate so in avp2..... the runners speed is ok.... but the drone is so fucking slow.... the pred is also 2 slow.... but not as bad as the alien...

the_demigod

I loooved the aliens in AvP. Silevry/balck, fast, exploding on impact of bulet.

the ones in AvP2 are weird to ay the least.

Terrorfarmer

ehm....... demigod...... how DARE you kill aliens....... you murderer... let the aliens save the world from evil humanity and faggot preds .

Terrorfarmer

ehm... are there so few people who have played avp1?

the_demigod

I guess it's simply 2 diffferent crowds.

7-7ighlander

This being my first post on this forum, I would like to say lo to you all and proclaim that you are most likely going to see a lot of me here.

I bought both the games in question at their release and, quite frankly, I think AvP wins hands-down in the singleplayer department. Why? Because all the races were very playable and fun. Running around as a marine, being constantly terrified and tossing flares (God I miss those flares) everywhere, sneaking in dark corners as an alien and hunting as a predator was all very entertaining. My favorite thing about the game though was that it was true to movie-realism. Marines couldnt take a beating and neither could the aliens. Preds however could, and Preds gave a heckofa beating as well, just as in the movies =). Hell yeah, the balance sucked, but more on that later on.

Sure, one might argue that the story is better in AvP II but that is just since there wasnt much of a story at all in the original. And really, is the story in the sequel that good? I actually liked it better with the no-story style than the cutscenes that were scary only because they looked like something out of a playstation game. Furthermore, playing as an alien and a predator just isn

Wilkers

aight, i think i already said something in theavp2 fourms bout how bad avp2 just sucked ass for all the species. yes the bugs are slower thanshit in avp2, mairnescn out run em fo shits sake...i like the preds combi and energysift in avp2 but the rest of the pred sucks. the marine cant carry squat for ammo this time around the flares blow.

i did like the story behind thesp levels for avp2

the multi sux on avp2 so imm go...

1) avp2

2) avp

the rest of my bitchin can be read in the avp2 forum under "complaints bout avp2". read that if ya want to

[ This message was edited by: Wilkers on 2002-01-05 16:48 ]

the_demigod

lets be honest [besides the bitching]: both games are in reality 3games-in-one, with a desperate storyline thread to tie them together.

so....

you got 3 for the price of one. now stop bitching.

Terrorfarmer

hmm you know what's troubling me.... everyone says.... ooh the pred has to be so powerfull, the pred has to rock.... but don't forget.. predator is in 1990 or something while alien 2 centuries later..... I mean.. marine weapons and armor should've been improved.... (if the have not humanity must've been sleeping for 2 centuries) and alien is not weak.... it's a very though (don't know how to write it, is it tough or though?) organism able to withstand great cold, heat, etc. and it can kill any human in one hit... what would make the predator so strong that it can survive about 10 hits?

oh and demigod.... SHUT UP! .. i'll bitch as long as i want..mwuhahaha....oh and by the way... it's not 3games-in-one cuz then half-life(boring game in my opinion btw) would be a 3 in-one game too and that's not true..... so now i'm ready with my bitching for today.... i'll be back tomorrow tough (still don't know how to write it)

the_demigod

its spelt THOUGH.

I like the bitching.

Nostromo

AvP had a greater effect on the community.

Cliff

Well I am lending AvP2 from my friend who stole it from his mothers brothers son (I forgot what it is in english) anyway the cds screwed up so I can't the pred missions.

the_demigod

pity. Preds are the best for AvP2.

aliens were best in Avp

Cliff

Well I have downloaded a no cd crack for AvP2 so perhaps if I used that I can play the pred missions or I would have to buy the game.

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || 777b4783b72db5e7754153665de2a285)