AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

sense theres a glitch I have to use the forums

Forum: AvP Game
Everything about the First Game from Rebellion.
Topic: sense theres a glitch I have to use the forums
Total Posts: 27

Dark_Predator

I hate to come to the good people of the site like this but theres a small glitch and i have no other choice (it won't say anything when i post new chapters and my news hardly ever gets posted) but chapter4 of the alien colony, chapter 3 of Alien: High School invasion, and chapter one of Aliens: Dark Planet have been posted so please cheack it out at http://www.avp2.net/story.php?op=listauthor&authorid=62 (and yes i'll work on Island Hunt when I have the time) (oh and one last thing im planing to make my very short story into a very long book in case you wondering with less graphic scenes of coursethank you for your time

yours truely,

DP

Cliff

So let me get this correct you are posting your news here because you do not want to fill up the news page with a lot of useless info or is it because they don't post your news?

Oh and thanks for informing us DP

Dark_Predator

its not that i dont want to wast space cliff it says that my news hardly ever gets posted(or approved to be posted) is what i ment

Hicks

Actually, that's not entirely accurate. There's currently a news post on the main page that I approved yesterday about Dark Planet. And I specifically remember approving your post for Alien: High School Invasion. Prezes approved your post for Chapter 3 of Alien Colony (as for chapter 4, I don't believe I ever saw a submission pending for that). So, please scan the main page a little closer before making false claims against us hard working news approvers!

[ This message was edited by: Hicks on 2002-02-25 10:52 ]

Dark_Predator

sorry hicks we all make mistakes it was a common mistake please forgive me ill look closer next time

Dark_Predator

anyway i never said they didnt ever get posted i said hardly

Hicks

Well, I post 'em as they get submitted. I rarely choose not to approve something, unless it is highly inappropriate. So keep pluggin' away at the stories!!!

Dark_Predator

will do hicks

the_demigod

Sometimes there is simply too many "single chapter" news items, where the chapters are small or the news item is plain boring.

We are a general AvP site, therefore having a complete front page filled with JUST lit infobites about chapters is unrealistic.

Management of news and considerations about other users are paramount to our existence.

Therefore, although we DO appreciate and promote newsies about lit, decisions must sometimes be made....

Dark_Predator

hold on i don't know how we got into the topic of the news, but this posting was about my books I started the thread because there was a small glitch and when i put up 2 chapters it still showed what was there b4 and i know i wasn't bumped this was what this was about

the_demigod

Okay, so the issue is about RELOADING chapter content [like when you changed something...]

What happens is this:

- you reload the text file onto the server

- the engine replaces your old file with the new one

- nothing else gets changed.

THATS the clincher- no read counts, votes or UPLOAD DATE get changed so the site engine doesn't see your "new reloaded" chapter as something REALLY new, thats why it doesn't show in the "Whats new in Literature" box.

Dark_Predator

i've tryed that demi dV8 told me to and i did and it didn't work

Xenobola

sorry to hear that dark p if i could help i would if you need anything ill help in any way (I am a BIG fan of your'd Dark Predator)

Dark_Predator

Ummm thanks XB eventhough i don't know who you are but it feels good to be a mentor to someone

AlienSlof

Anise

Stop it! You're killing me!

the_demigod

Quote:

On 2002-02-26 22:40, Dark_Predator wrote:

Ummm thanks XB eventhough i don't know who you are but it feels good to be a mentor to someone

mentor?????????

AlienSlof

DP is a schitzo!

the_demigod

Quote:

On 2002-02-27 18:43, AlienSlof wrote:

DP is a schitzo!

no! he just said he's a "mentor"

Dark_Predator

this is a facehugger, this is your brain on a facehugger, any questions?

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || 86c5dc4db053d5c078b7568495f01bed)