AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

Game Endings

Forum: AvP 2 Game
Everything about the Second Game from Monolith.
Topic: Game Endings
Total Posts: 17

UJITTA

Is it just me or do all three endings suck horribly? great game-dissapointing end, also is there any idea when the custom level editor( and some new levels) is coming out?

CorporalHicks

I only played one of them on the computer (sorry, but I'm a playstation lover, LOL) but the AvP game I played at my friend's house, well, wasn't bad. But it wasn't as good as I wanted it to be either. I think it'd be cool if the Alien and Predator games concentrated on the endings just as well as it does with their action.

Personally, I've always wanted an Alien game to be like the "Resident Evil" series. Story... Scare-elements... Cheesy dialogue... LOL. But most games belonging to the AvP world are on first-person and I'm one of those people who gets sick on playing on that view. I was REALLY happy when they were gonna do "Alien Resurrection" like Tomb Raider or Resident Evil. But again, they pulled the plug in the last minute and went first-person on me because the bullets kept flying upwards, even when the character was shooting straight. It was something about too much memory.

Man... I can only ENVY you people for playing these games!!! And now they're coming out with "Aliens: Colonial Marines" on the Playstation 2!!! On First Person too! Nooooo!

[ This message was edited by: CorporalHicks on 2001-11-28 12:58 ]

TomM

Marine ending was nice i thought. but they could have improved. i think they should make a sequel but i enjoy the FPS. there my favorite type of games.

Im trying to find out about custom levels etc but i dont know what the official avp2 site is

the_demigod

the tools ARE coiming out but there seems to be some "issues" that need sorting between Fox, Monolith and co....

The official site is:

here

we're waiting to be included in the community section as a recognition of our status [pats himslef on back]

UJITTA

thanks for the link demi

the_demigod

no prob.

it pisses me off that we gotta wait [still] for the link though...

Swiss

No, the main reason Resurrection was not done in 3rd person was that it just wasn't scary. They actually scrapped the entire engine because it couldn't make you jump. Its widely accepted by all those who have played both versions (I have 'contacts' who got the the prerelease 3rd perspective beta for the psx) and 3rd person sucks horribiy.

the only reason you'd want it third person is if you're a tomb raider fan.

the Bullet problem was not the reason it was cut, the weapons worked fine, they even had cheats planned for basic bullet time they were that confident... it all got wiped though when they scrapped it.

Btw, there IS a third person code for AvP2, intentionally built in as an experiment, it looks nice enough when you're Alice but i believe your legs dont move and it doesn't look anywhere near as fluid as 'raider...

[ This message was edited by: Swiss on 2001-11-28 17:40 ]

the_demigod

yeah, you can access the 3rd person through the cheat codes

UJITTA

mpicu

but it sucks no movement

UJITTA

hey whenever i try to type the cheat thing into this forum it wont show up... but anyway- you can find it elsewhere...

(the cheat thing being-< CHEAT > sorta it wont let me type it right ) nobiggie

the_demigod

the site engine takes your symbols as HTML oir BB code and thats why they vanish.

you probably should tick the "disable HTML on this post" box....

UJITTA

testing-

UJITTA

hehe It worked thanks Mr.Moderater

CorporalHicks

Quote:

On 2001-11-28 17:38, Swiss wrote:

No, the main reason Resurrection was not done in 3rd person was that it just wasn't scary. They actually scrapped the entire engine because it couldn't make you jump. Its widely accepted by all those who have played both versions (I have 'contacts' who got the the prerelease 3rd perspective beta for the psx) and 3rd person sucks horribiy.

the Bullet problem was not the reason it was cut, the weapons worked fine, they even had cheats planned for basic bullet time they were that confident... it all got wiped though when they scrapped it.

Btw, there IS a third person code for AvP2, intentionally built in as an experiment, it looks nice enough when you're Alice but i believe your legs dont move and it doesn't look anywhere near as fluid as 'raider...

Are you sure? I read from the official PSM magazine who interviewed the guys behind the game that it had to deal with lack of memory and the bullets going upward. I've got the magazine to prove so.

Swiss

Quote:

On 2001-12-05 13:39, CorporalHicks wrote:

[quote]

On 2001-11-28 17:38, Swiss wrote:

Are you sure? I read from the official PSM magazine who interviewed the guys behind the game that it had to deal with lack of memory and the bullets going upward. I've got the magazine to prove so.

[/quote]

I can guarantee it.

strider68744

who said that the magazines are always right?

the_demigod

agreed. Magazines publish what they get told....

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || 95d5e79ef5c6eff0f7fb244ecf13f21f)