AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

the good the bad and the ugly

Forum: AvP 2 Game
Everything about the Second Game from Monolith.
Topic: the good the bad and the ugly
Total Posts: 15

sarge

does anyone have any probs with the games textures???either from a performance point of view or just because the textures or graphics are downright sh*t???if so...what r these probs and what do u think should b done about them?

sarge

yeah....first post

Prezes

You can't expect too much from a demo.

But...

I hate the texture lighting, so I don't rely see any problems.

Performance wise, no.

Hoodyguy

I thought the demo was fine, when i buy the game, the only thing i will change is the alien's skin,I think it doesn't suit it at ALL..

oh well,still can't wait for it to come out.

~-Hoodyguy-~

the_demigod

Is it just me, or are the aliens in AvP2 demo NOT exploding like they used to do in the first game??

Hicks

It's not you demi, I really don't like the new look of the Aliens at all. That's about the only negative part of the demo I found though.

the_demigod

yep, it was missing something crucial....

atmopshere?????

Cliff

Alien skin could have been better in the demo but it is only a demo.

the_demigod

But shouldn't the demo's DRAW IN the crowd??

instead of simply testing the technology...

Prezes

either way the game will be great the Nolf engine is

Metallix

OK, well, as far as my opinion goes, they missed out on making something amazing when they created the demo. Without the atmosphere it is a First Person Shooter. Sure, that's no bad thing, but there are loads of FPS's. Anyway, the Marine is slightly pathetic to play as. The Shoulder Lamp doesn't help - no matter how p***ed off I get with the Image Enhancer on AVP1, at least it allowed you to pick off Aliens from a distance! Anyway, you had the flares in reserve. An infinite supply. Unrealistic? Definitely!Atmospheric? Definitely. The Pros really did send the Cons to Hell and barbecue them. Anyway, also, remember that feeling in AVP? You know the one, where doors opened oh-so-slowly? Remember looking aroud thinking "Oh s**t!" But in actual fact the doors only took a few seconds. But the atmosphere left youm thinking ALL THE TIME that you were doing all you could to survive and the rest of the universe was against you. This meant little bits of atmosphere were included. Remember how, before opening, the words "Please wait - doors cycling" were heard, echoing into the dark recesses of Xenomorph-filled corridors? That's not all - remember the second level for the Marine? ("Colony" I think) Remember how you got to a point where the Aliens seemed to be EVERYWHERE, and you had to run through the large vent-like tunnels until you reached the stairs. Remember how you were being chased, you could hear the hisses, but you couldn't turn around without being slaughtered? Remember how the darkness caused you to misplace a step, and you ended up in a dead end? Remember how you had to turn and face the Xenocreature? remember how you blasted it's tail off, then it's leg, then it's head? Remember how it rained acid blood, but none of it hit you? Remember how you sat there thinking "Phew!" You'd gone from terrified desperation to safety. But then you heard a hiss, from the stairs you had meant to climb before. And your Marine screamed in pain. And the last image you saw was off the Xenomorph standing over your dead body, inner mouth extended? THAT was the atmosphere that made AVP what it was.

Remember when you walked slowly through the corridors? Remember when you saw something small scurry from door ro door mere metres before you? Remember backing off, Pulse Rifle ready? Remember wanting to fire, but being unable to see? Remember pressing Image Enhancer to see your enemy? Then remember that, as you did so, the high pitched scream of a facehugger mixed with the gurgles of your Marine, and the image of the Facehugger's sucky-organ faded into blackness? That was AVP. Atmosphere.

Metallix

Nostromo

why don't you submit the above post as an official review???go here and choose submit review....

maybe even give it a nice title??

[ This message was edited by: Nostromo on 2001-11-05 17:13 ]

FN2K

Wow!!! He made me want to get the first AvP now.

As far as all the other posts I havn't noticed the problems you were talking about. BUT I will say this, The actuall game has the atmosphere you guys were wanting. The sights the sounds the smells....well not the smells.....but you get the point. The demo does not represent the actuall game the way it should. The Marine demo level is in the game....(Crap did I give too much away?).... and the preceding levels build things up for that area. The only beef I have is that the predators could be a tiny bit faster. But thats a minor fix I hope Sierra or Monolith will fix (Or maybe a fan).

[ This message was edited by: FN2K on 2001-11-06 06:28 ]

ComeGetYaSome

This is my first posting ever. This is a response to metallix on the atmosphere. I have played and beat both games now avp & avp2. The atmosphere was great in the first one. However, I really like the second one better. As far as atmosphere goes, in the second, one highlight is when you are in the tunnels with the shoulder lamp on and it is pitch black except for the lighted area of your shoulder lamp and every corner you catch a shadow not knowing what lurks- you feel like you are in the bowles of hell and then all of the sudden bam! you get hit by an alien -- that scared the crap out of me. It was way cool. Also, there are all the tight angle shots that made the first one intense as well. The story is strong as well. I especially like overhearing conversations. I know that some have dogged that, but I liked it. Haven't tried all the multiplayer maps yet, but will shortly. Well for what its worth.....

[ This message was edited by: ComeGetYaSome on 2001-11-06 10:02 ]

[ This message was edited by: ComeGetYaSome on 2001-11-06 10:07 ]

the_demigod

the aleins were better in AvP.

so was the smart gun and rifle sounds

BTW: official AvP2.net review will [99%] pop up tomorrow I'm just compiling it now.

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || 6384d6c9ba7c0b9daa36597aa7975e1e)