AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

this probably does not belong here, i have heard of apcs, but what about all out tanks

Forum: AvP Game
Everything about the First Game from Rebellion.
Topic: this probably does not belong here, i have heard of apcs, but what about all out tanks
Total Posts: 58

TIKI

Hm i quess your right. Why destreu the tanks like they did withe the apc a acident or it is all ready destreued. Why not make the cannons recarching very slow. And in the mean time the tank has a turret like the apc but it is very inacurret.
And if the player realy has to attack the tank why not give the tank an even more bigger veakness like the back of the tank has no defences. You get behind the tank thore the door that leads in side the tank open and wolah........tank driver death.

Nuthouse_Escapee

no tank would have a door open, lol
Weak rear armor is a possibility though...

TIKI

Omg lol thats why the aline has to "thore" open it

Razortech Xeno ...

Tanks usualy have the hatch on top of the turret for a guner and one infront for the driver, you would have to kill them both and then you also have to kill a tank commander. The driver sits to the front right side and the commander to the left.
Oh and aliens may not want to attack a tank, some have exploding armour, I know sound crazy but the armour explodes out to fors the impact energy away. an exampl is the Russain T-80.

yeth

oh please, tanks with proper support could easily take on aliens. They'd never get close enough to even scratch 'em. Just look at modern day combined arms warfare. How do you think they will get close, sure there are ambushes, but you can't ambush everything. Sure they are fast and bleed acid, but it doesn't really matter when half of them is ripped apart and armor is acid proof.

Well, it wouldn't be tanks anymore... it would be a complete military organization with all the elements. That is just something they can't beat. And neither could preds (if they don't have anything else than their hunting gear). Sure Aliens have great speed and powerful melee attack, but thats their problem, melee attack. How are they going to retaliate when they start dying at about 40km's before target from the artillery (this is with modernday numbers, we can only imagine the numbers in future) and of course then would come the tanks, if I ain't completely wrong they would start killing at about 2,000 meter with their maingun, this number would have to be lower with AP-ammunition because of their effect, but it would be relatively easy to develop somekind of long range-AP shells.

Who says we will have to go into the hive, we could just bomb it to smithereens.

And what is this talk about APC being more heavily armed than a tank? Modern day APC's are usually armored against small arms fire . And Russian BMP-2 and Bradley's are infantry combat vehicles, something between tanks and APC.

And of course as long as the war progresses new and better models would be developed.

Russian T-90 is good, but it isn't as good as most western. Mainly for the fact tha their armor is usually steel. To counter this they have ERA's, but that is bad for infantry near 'em. I'd say Leopard-2S is the best modern tank.

Razortech Xeno ...

The new M2A2 is most likely going to be the best, I hear it can take a cruse missile and is practicly imune to anti tank weapons.

TIKI

Yeah thats true but..................i realy dont think that the game should have that modern tanks like you said it would be all most imbossible for aliens to destreu it. And yeah the space bombing is a good ideia but it would make the game too easy. Maybe you would have to go in the hive and place a beacon or something for the missile attack. Oh yeah i am a military game fan and real army to but t-80 has expolding armour how can that be???

Razortech Xeno ...

The armor explodes out to force the energy away from the hull.

yeth

I don't want to be nitpicking but did you mean startegic missile, byt that cruise missile? Or just a big AT missile? And it wont matter, well it will, but the AT weapons will soon catch up. That's the way it is, it's allways easier to destroy than to build.

It actually isn't the armor that explodes, it's the ERA blocks ON the armor. If you look at some T-80/90 or some modernized T-72, you might see somekinda blocks on the tanks. Those are the ERA blocks. They usually make the tank look a bit like a toy, but they're effective enough.

Just as Razortech said, they explode outwards directing the attack a bit away or completely nullifying the attack energy. The effectiveness varies with SABOT and HEAT rounds and the "generation" of the ERA blocks.

If you want more, you should use google. Those are just the basics.

TIKI

Yeah will too that. And the missile thing how ever you call it. The missile attacks the beackon like a homming rocket. That should mke it harder for a space attack!?

Razortech Xeno ...

I mean a full blown cruis missiel from a destroyer battle ship.

yeth

Well Battleships aren't used nowadays.
But if you mean a real cruise missile? That wouldn't be a tank, it'd be a fortress. I don't want to offend, no land based mobile unit can take on a cruise missile, no matter what.
Hell, they're used against ships, ships! As in destroyers, cruisers, aircraft carriers.

If they could build something like that I seriously doubt that it would be mass produced, it would be too costly, too heavy... well just too much, it wouldn't be economical.

And modern day tanks mission isn't to fight enemy tanks, it's to spearhead trhou enemy lines, destroy enemy logistics, command centers and morale.

And M2A2 allready exists as in Bradley M2A2. And no modern day tank can take on Maverick, let alone a cruise missile.

TIKI

Sounds sweet M2A2.

Razortech Xeno ...

The new one is the abriams not the bradly, it may have the sam M2A2 but other tanks and weapons have had the same name before or I could have read it wong. I do know that it has some kind of new armor but there not saying what it's called or what it's made of.

yeth

I doubt your knowledge of the armor is right. That would be overprotection. Modern Abrams allready have good protection.
And the fact that an armor like that would cost like hell and when there is no need for a tank to survive a cruise missile, the tank cost/effectiveness wouldn't be too good.

Acid-Death

Quote:
oh please, tanks with proper support could easily take on aliens. They'd never get close enough to even scratch 'em. Just look at modern day combined arms warfare. How do you think they will get close, sure there are ambushes, but you can't ambush everything. Sure they are fast and bleed acid, but it doesn't really matter when half of them is ripped apart and armor is acid proof

If you've actually watched the Alien films then you would know an aliens actions. I've been away for months without a working account watching people slag off the Aliens and the nature of the site. Think of me as god, OK!
Aliens are not stupid enough to take a tank with full support. aliens ARE highly intelligent. Therefore Aliens ambush, very effectively for that matter. You saw ALIENS right. They wait until there is no exit for their prey and strike. Aliens dig tunnels, they could very easily ground a tank and immobilise it in a ditch.
So no, a tank would be useless against aliens, acid proof armour or not they could tear the armour clean appart with brute strength.

hardkoreUSMC

I know this is all fantasy but a Baal Class Predator tank from WarHammer 40,000 would be the most effective Xeno killing weapon out there.

A Twin Linked Assualt Cannon (double vulcan cannon) for the turret weapon.

Heavy Flamers for the side weapons. Storm Bolter AA mounted weapon on top of the turret.

Add on a one use Missle Launcher too.

And man'd by none other than the BLOOD ANGEL SPACE MARINES. [img]/images/forum/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/images/forum/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] oooooooorrraahhhhh!!!

null

Razortech Xeno ...

I'd prefer to be in something called a Zieffer MBT, nerly industructible, it's something I came up with but it is posible to make with real technology, Uses carbon bucky ball armour(Don't know what else to call it.) It's light whieght and most weapons, up to a small nuke, wouldn't put a scratch on it, at least the armour. Anyways, it's a real substance but the militaries of every Country don't seem to want to use it as armour, instead there going to use it as a building meterial once it gets advanced enough. A tank with this would be light enough to carry in under a chopper crane, and be almost unstopable, it wouldn't matter if it got hit, it would keep on shooting. Another thing is it's Acid proof and I think radiation proof as well, Im not shure I'll have to check that out.

As for needing support, it doesn't, they come in larg numbers and wouldn't hessitat to blast at each other to get rid of the Xeno's, they also have smart guns mounted on the sides of the turret, and missle packs for anti-air. All posible because of the light wieght. [img]/images/forum/smilies/icon_wink.gif[/img]

One more thing before I forget, the armour would cost less to produce than normal fiberglass on a CAR, because it's carbon and the most plentiful thing on this planet is carbon [img]/images/forum/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || ee1b749c53a7a6b39091c477d2f08162)