AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

All alien fans

Forum: AvP 2 Game
Everything about the Second Game from Monolith.
Topic: All alien fans
Total Posts: 54

Cougar

Yeah - like in the end of the film Ripley and Newt have a VERY brief chat on dreams before they get into their tubes - wouldn't one of them have seen it? Plus, wouldn't have the egg opened then instead of another couple of months later? Its a very confusing thing that fact

SirYawnalot

Quote:

On 2002-07-01 14:02, Cougar wrote:

Thought so - it was quite a bit faster than the one in Alien or the hundred or so in Aliens ... **wonders how the people who made aliens came up with around 200 aliens when there were only 120 and something hosts :S:S:S**

There were around 120 human hosts. It's mentioned in the film that there was livestock at the colony, so that's where the extra bugs came from.

The eggs being in their rather odd location has to be down to script dodgyness, but you could say that another alien got onto the ship with the Queen and stowed the eggs (which didn't hatch because they must have only very recently been layed-- the Queen would have made a queen egg when she noticed the hive kind of blowing up and stuff...), and got sucked out unnoticed when the airlock was opened. Hmm....

Finally, I'd like to take the opportunity to state fascistly that Preds don't rule Aliens. Nuff said.

Cougar

And this alien drone decided to hide instead of helping the queen against Ripley? ** doubts it. And what I mean is Preds DONT rule over aliens - we can overwhelm them .. namely with our much greater numbers.

And livestock... so their's about 80 more hosts just from livestock? :/

SirYawnalot

And what I'm saying is that Preds aren't better than Aliens, narf.

The drone would have been carrying eggs, and would have been commanded to stow them away somewhere, so no it wouldn't have helped the Queen for a good while.

And yup, all extra xenos would have to come from livestock. Although I didn't see that many xenos actually in the film... judging by the scale of the fights, and the fact that almost all the bugs in the place were supposed to be in the final assault, I'd say there were only actually around 80 aliens. Hmm...

Cougar

plus the good ones that Vasquez and Drake wasted in the first battle and few that Ripley took out... Plus a queen - So what happened to the drone after Ripley went into "hyper-sleep"? Did it just sit down to hibernate? (probably )

SirYawnalot

It's true... people never listen to me. I suggested perhaps it got blown unnoticed out of the airlock, but as the entire alien stowaway thing is founded on no proof whatsoever, it's a bit hard to prove either way...

Oh yeah and I'd already factored in the other aliens. Someone really smart around here (can't remember who) noticed a while ago that although you see the aliens get injured rather a lot by the marines' weapons, you almost never see corpses. And considering the aliens' healing rate, it's quite likely that fairly few aliens were actually taken down... and I have this funny feeling I'm going off topic here, so I'll pipe down for a few mins.

Cougar

Every topic usually becomes a new one so don't pipe down Maybe your right about the healing thing - maybe they regenerated limbs and stuff :/

-(kf_w)-thor

personally i think The writers were just damn stupid. the movie sucked anyway

Ascendant

hey all. aliens are just so damn good coz they have evrything a species needs to kill. Hivemind, Queen, Deadly Claws and the thing that comes out of there mouth. That just Rules. Oh yeah, and wall-walking

AlienSlof

Quote:
the thing that comes out of there mouth.

Inner jaws

Renegade

Well ladies and Gentlemen, boy and girls of all ages, i'd just like to say it seems we've gotten some new members , and secondely I have been a proud Alien AND Predator fan since i was 7 And i still cant get enough of either species

Cliff

Quote:
And what I mean is Preds DONT rule over aliens - we can overwhelm them .. namely with our much greater numbers.

Well that can, and has, been debated. Anyway a single pred versus a single alien pred wins but he would also loose with the acid blood and all.

Skar'ku_Mar'kel-ja

well thats debateable cliff dont ya think? the pred xeno is one tough mother!!

Cliff

Well preds are very strong, fast and deadily even with out weapons. A pred could easily rip a aliens, if he gets past the claws which in anycase wouldn't do that much damage since preds have very thick skins.
The only problem with this all is the acid bath at the end (really not something I think anyone would want to try)
But guess if a pred would try something like that he would need to be quite skilled but still it is possible if the pred fights against a normal drone.

Skar'ku_Mar'kel-ja

thats not wat you said before tho mate!! you said a single pred versus a single alien pred. i don't know what that means but to me it sounded like a pred alien!! i don't know about you but those bast*rds are a hell of a lot stronger than normal drones or runners!!

NiteStalker

hehe, the thing wot comes out of their mouths is their mouth

1 unarmed pred vs one unarmed alien, predalien or not, theres about a 90% chance of the alien winning. and on the offchance the alien died, theres the acid.

then again, there is no such thing as an unarmed alien unless you dont count natural weapons

one average pred equipped with standard equipment vs one alien, and it would be about 50/50. it would really depend on who saw who first.

Q-ball

well i do think aliens (hive) would win 1 pred (unless its in a game & 1 pred takes on so many) but i think 1 pred clan versus a hive the preds would win as they got the distance as aliens have to get up close & personal as preds could take burner & take them out by that

NiteStalker

pred clan vs alien hive, the clan would have to enter the hive unless they went for the orbital bombardment option, and inside the constricted halls of the hive, range wouldnt help much. plus numbrs would be a HUGE advantage. the alien numbers swell at a rate of up to hudreds a day, while preds might gain 2 a week, who need severl yyears to mature. also, tunnels beneath the surface mean that if the preds did manage to bring the bugz out onto the surface, the ones underground still would cave the ground in under the preds, the kill the stunned preds lying amid the rubble of the new hole. preds might take down a hundred drones. "oh no" says the queen. "better send out the next thousand!!!"

NiteStalker

anyway, back to the original subject.

i first encountered the alien race when i was ten (not personnally - im still not sure if that was good or bad ), and preds at about 13-14. guess which one im the most loyal too? ever since i have been a devout follower of the xenomorph species of many varieties. i backed the aliens from aliens, the arachnids from starship troopers, the 'nids from Warhammer 40k, zurg in starcraft... the list goes on. im a major league xeno fan, and if i ever met a xeno Queen, id proably ask for her autograph

Corpral Hicks

I have been an Alien Fan since I was 10. 1st saw the movie Aliens when I was 4 and have been 10 becuase I was no longer sleeping facedown. The Alien Saga has to be one of the greatest set of movies.
I like the Pred's aswell but the Alien Movies are better!

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || cd91e453a6d98c9858a1386fb8629a6f)