AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

thoughts on aliens in avp2

Forum: AvP 2 Game
Everything about the Second Game from Monolith.
Topic: thoughts on aliens in avp2
Total Posts: 57

Nuthouse_Escapee

runners are easy too kill... if you can hit the damn things! and i'm pretty good at stealth, just hide on the ceiling, but behind a kinda ledge place or something, so they can only see you when theyr directly under you..... . then its a matter of dropping down and getting on a facemask so you dont get hit by flying kibbles

yeth

I think they should make Aliens more likein the first AvP, and this game really needs the options to shoot their legs off but they could still come. It was so fun to chop those 'lil aliens in AvP and preds need a sword.

Nuthouse_Escapee

Quote:
preds need a sword.

why?? maybe a plasma sword a' la halo would be cool.... but i dont think a normal sword.

yeth

something like Elder sword, preds would have and hand to hand combat character just think about it, chopping aliens to pieces

Nuthouse_Escapee

yeah, i love pred melee . whenever possible, i use the stick and blades, i'm almost a melee only pred . the only characters i use ranged weapons with frequently are the marines and corps - and thats cause the only melee weapon they have SUCKS.

yeth

yes. Sad fact is that I don't have the game and I've only played at my friends . But I still love melee as much . just think of it:

"hmmm, that aliens claws are nasty, let's take hands of *chop, chop* thats that... What?! it's trying to get away, well let's take away those legs *chop chop*, yes it's very nice now. Whoa! it tried to headbite me, well let's take that head off *chop* yes, it's very nice now... wonder where are more of those nice 'lil aliens"

SirYawnalot

Personally I think Predators are already fairly well kitted-out in the melee department, and I can't think of a reason to include a sword of any kind when they already have the spear. In the next game it would be nice though if Predator classes are defined to suit the playing preferences of the player instead of just having HP/speed balances... maybe a melee Pred could have spear, blades, and a plasma pistol and shoulder cannon based on their AvP1 counterparts rather than the sequel's. They could also have slightly increased HP or speed and special armour specifically designed to reduce the potency of xeno acid.

Nuthouse_Escapee

hmm... the acid resistant armour would be more or less pointless in avp2 - the aliens acid does almost nothing. in the original avp however...

SirYawnalot

I'm talking about a third AvP where acid is in fact useful.

IcE

Quote:
hmm... the acid resistant armour would be more or less pointless in avp2 - the aliens acid does almost nothing. in the original avp however...

Tell that to the rines who roll around on the floor screaming like a baby... I knifed a bug before.. (don't ask how, was pure fluke) and the ammount of acid that comes out depends on what weapon you use.. A minigun kicks up a helluva lot more acid than, say, a sniper rifle

SirYawnalot

Still doesn't really do much damage.. I think the only way to get killed by acid really if your health is higher than about 5% is to actually squat down directly on top of the corpse. And even then you might have to detonate a grenade into a nearby wall to speed things along...

Nuthouse_Escapee

but in avp1/avp ge, it burned through anything it touched like no tomorrow (except aliens, of course)!

Crazy Alien Lord

Acid. now theres something to like.

Nuthouse_Escapee

unless its buring through your face!

TIKI

Huh

IcE

Not just the multiplayer bugs that had problems.. the AI for aliens was very basic.. A sort of "gahhh run at the big gun" AI. Also I managed to make the aliens get stuck a lot of times.. Like when you fight the queen.. I stuck to the outside rim and all the drones that come to help just ran at the ledge

Nuthouse_Escapee

yeah, the AI for the avp games so far is terrible. the biggest fault, easy.

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || ed8bd1a4214d0a8a802028d5cf5eabdb)