AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

Classes in AvP2

Forum: AvP 2 Game
Everything about the Second Game from Monolith.
Topic: Classes in AvP2
Total Posts: 48

SirYawnalot

We've had favourite weapons, favourite levels... so what's everyone's favourite class for each species? Bitch here about the imbalances of the classes too if ya like

SirYawnalot

My favourite Alien class is the Runner but I generally use the PredAlien cos of the pouncy stuff. (hmm i'm getting deja vu.. is there another topic like this somewhere?)

Predator class... I have the HeavyKiller skin so I reckon the Heavy Pred looks sexiest with that skin. But in class-based games I use the Assault Pred cos it has adequate speed and armour, as well as a good range of weapons (and no i don't use the plasmacaster!!)

Marine class... Ichiro. The ultimate alien killer-- whichever of the 2 species are after you, an EMP followed by a headshot from the sniperrifle will see them off. Besides, I hate flamethrowers and smartguns, which is what 2 of the other classes consist of

Corporate class... either Rykov (preferred) or Dimitri (love that minigun) or Dunya (cos of the rifle, NOT the flamer!!)

Dark_Predator

hhmmm this is a toughie

alien-predalie( im a pred fan)

Predator-assulelt pred (is the coolest)

marine-harrasion

corp-Rykov

AlienSlof

I only play as the alien, and I usually prefer the drone as it is the most versatile of all the classes, it wallwalks, headbites, and is reasonably fast - I love chasing down scared humans!

If life cycle's on, then I just love the facehugger! It's so small it's hard to hit, it can wallwalk, it's so bloody fast, and it's effective.

And lastly, Queen Bitch herself! I love being the Queen, she is so tough and hard hitting! A guy backed into me as I was gesturing and he just got instantly shredded by my flailing claws! He had full health and armour on too! She should have had headbite abilities though - she has inner jaws after all! She jumps well too, if I jump and zig-zag about as I'm bearing down on a hapless marine or pred, I can get there relatively unhurt and tear him apart!

Oh, yessssss!

Cougar

Okay, here is where i get mixed up but, still, here goes:::::

Alien: Drone - I am a big fan off the first alien in 'Alien' where it is more like a human, in a lot of ways and is usually, the main guardian of the hive and does most of the work, one thing that got me pissed off, was I never got payed! .

Predator: Light Predator - fast and light. These type of predators can really back a punch when they are placed in a good hiding spot where they can easily hunt down the enemy. The only problem with them is lack of armour, so I suppose that this is the reason they are fast. The other good thing is they can carry most weapons without having to be a different character class.

Marines: I don't recall the name of the character class as I don't pay much attention to the names of the marines or corporates that much. But the heavy weapons - I prefer the smart gun and minigun when things decide to get hot, but usually I use non-tracking just to make sure people don't call me a gay auto aiming little sod. ... but anyways, I like the smart gun, and only use the tracking when I most need it without getting diced by the enemy. Also, I kind of like smart gun operators, .

SirYawnalot

Light Preds are only decent because of their spearguns (none of the other classes have it) which comes in handy in Lucifer'sFate. Their speed doesn't balance out how incredibly easy they are to kill...

Cliff

Like I said before (i think) predAlien

Cougar

hmm... predaliens....

SLOOOOOOOOOOW!!!! but strong Guess I will need to make do then, huh? I just prefer the things mentioned in the films usually, but then again, i like to play as a mutated alien ... actually, was it genetic mixing that caused it? (The alien that became predalien)?

SirYawnalot

Yeah the AvP1 PredAlien was a genetic experiment.... don't think the AvP2 ones were though, I like to think they got mutated because of the drugs and chemicals Preds pour into their blood messed up the DNA.

Cliff

I thought in AvP1 they only slaped a facehugger on the pred and then whatch what happened or was that AvP2.

So anyway who knows in what comic the PredAliens appear in?

Terrorfarmer

no... that must've been avp2... in avp1 i saw a pred arm lie on the table

Cougar

cloning...

Someone found a predator that had been burnt to a crisp by acid, they took the remains ( a predators arm ) and cloned it. Some of the acid was still inside the arm and contained foreighn DNA (Foreighn Tissue) which formed the predator to become a predalien.?.

SirYawnalot

where'd you hear that? And which game's it referring to?

Cliff

I thought it was a facehugger well there is only one way to proof this and that is with a game pic to bad I don't have enough strenth to play that mission again.

Terrorfarmer

hmm... damn

Cougar

SirYawnAlot...

I was actually refering to my own idea, in lamen terms: I made it all up to sound nice and technical. But still, it would be interesting to see something like that anyways. Anyone else got some theories of their *own* on how prealiens came about?

I would like to here some more about them.

Deaderalien

Predaliens were formed when face hugger face hugged a pred and becuase of the differences in the body blood organs IE. evolved to survive so they looked different

NiteStalker

getting a little off track here, arent we!

whaddaya know, im over it.

{getting back to the subject!} i havent played it much (i dont own it myself), and i have nly played as alien. i prefer the drone (its got good balance), but the runner is pretty good too (the speed is a huge bonus - it lets you take on much bigger opponents. i killed a predalien in a one-on-one!! YAY!!!

well. i should get over that soon (fingers crossed). going now, before it gets TOO boring.

Cougar

Well - when you play as a predator or marine and you make it too mission Betrayal or Unexpected Allies you can read stuff spotted about and one or two talk about the predalien. One says: "The DNA structure of the predator is causing the Chest-burster to gain different characteristics to other aliens. These include strength, speed and size. It also seems to be developing different shape to what the normal xenomorph would." so my guess is yes - it was caused by the different cell structure of the predator than to a humans.

So if one species causes a different breed of alien, would there be a change in the hybrid if a facehugger hugged onto say a... Lion, or a Rabbit? Mind you, it would be difficult on some animals because of the shape of their heads, but if they did manage to grab onto an animal, would they have the same results in the hybrid as the human chest-burster would? So maybe the human chest-burster is NOT the default stage of xenomorph life as we would like to think. :/

Cliff

Quote:
So if one species causes a different breed of alien, would there be a change in the hybrid if a facehugger hugged onto say a... Lion, or a Rabbit?

Yes, its called DNA reflex and technically its not a diffrent breed its this a diffrent host.

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || b09c22a1ead410385a8bdd72f07082a2)