AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

AvP and StarCraft

Forum: AvP Game
Everything about the First Game from Rebellion.
Topic: AvP and StarCraft
Total Posts: 82

Jaglerz

Hi it's me again..

As you say starcraft and avp have something in common... And maybe the protoss law to dont interfere with lower life form is apply to the yautja society because if you look closely enough... yautja are not interfeering with other species they hunt them to eat or for fun and who told you that the protoss didnt did or actually are doing this...Killing with stealth...i think its not interfering but something like a war dont tell me it's not interfering with lower species!!! I found somehting interesting on the net... Xel'Naga and the mysterious Space Jockeyz are pratically the same..in technology, social and over and over... that let me think that xenos maybe an assimilated form of Zerg or Zerg are and assimilated form of Xeno's...

So think about it!

more to come

Jaglerz

Terrorfarmer

you again? it's ur first post ...

Cougar

I was wondering the same thing, Terror. But maybe he was a "victim" of the crash that we had recently and hasn't had his posts put back up?

I might set up new account soon , but I am too busy in another game to go and make one. Heck, it ain't even on my computer at the moment! I ran out of space earlier... lol.

Terrorfarmer

blame it all on the crash... oh well..

Motaro

My favourite units in SC:

Zerg : Infested kerrigan

Protoss : Dark templar

Terran : Ghost

I just love cloaking.

Cougar

I was wondering the same thing, since all those units cloak! . Wraith was good but they were to shit against anything that were detectors, even a terran marine could shoot them down. As long as they can see it, lol. Battle Cruisers would kick ass if they could cloak! lol.

Motaro

Cloaked Battle Cruisers? Yes that would wipe away nearly any enemy but wouldn't it make the game just a bit unbalanced? Then again you could make it up by turning the zerg Ultralisk to a always cloaked unit and give the protoss Reaver the ability to cloak. And when we are at cloaking, why not make a generator like that in C&C:TS that turns all buildings in its radius cloaked.

Jaglerz

WE WERE TALKING ABOUT AVP AND STARCRAFT HERE PEOPLEZ!!!!!!!

Cliff

Hey Jaglerz don't be so anger people like to wonder off topic anyway...

There is almost no information about the Xel'naga there is believed that Duran created the Hybrids for them but some believe they where all killed by the Zerg (Like you did know that was coming) but in the book it only says all the Xel'naga in the world ships where killed but there is this one theory I heard about in the intro movie of SC the ship that killed those terrans with the laser thing is a Xel'naga ship because there aren't any Protoss ships like that.

My favourite units of SC are

Zerg Hydralisks (bad ass in big numbers)

Protoss Carriers (damn I hate them)

Terrans Science Vessel (My poor overlords)

Terrorfarmer

cloaked wraiths don't suck.... they are very very good... they can do excellent hit and run missions just like mutalisks... though it takes longer to get a fleet of them they do have cloaking meaning the enemy won't notice them coming for you.

I also wonder how the story will go on... probably the zerg/human hybrids will attack the other 3 races and the zerg, protoss and terrans are probably forced to ally against them... and blabla...

I hope zergs win again... i just love em... they are realy cool.. terrans and protoss are ok too though.... i hope they all 3 survive

Cliff

Well most people don't really like the zerg that much and have writen a few fan fics about how they are whiped out but I hope the zerg would be able to infest more buildings and perhaps even have a subrace like Infested Protoss or Infested Terrans.

The wraiths are ok I hate their cloaking but if you have a strong enough base you could get a few detectors and see them go boom.

Terrorfarmer

zergs actually have many fans online.... at least 33% of the players plays as zerg...

And wraiths should be used wisely.. if you see the wraiths can't handle it... retreat them... that is what they can do very well cuz of their speed

Cougar

I played online a couple of weeks ago. Actually it could have been a few months ago ( ) but I played with a friend, and we both made 20-25 battlecruisers each, and met up in the middle of map, a distance away so they didn't fire yet though. Then they just went to the VERY center and began all out Battlecruiser war!! It was fun though with all those Yamato Guns flying all over the place, lol.

Motaro

Hmm I played some SC today. I just zoomed trough the missions and a simple conclusion is that AvP is probably a rip-off on SC. Or the other way. How much common is there not with the protoss and predators? Predator and Zealot, both have wrist blades. Terran marines seem to walk around in exo-suits. Dark templars are just cloaked predators with combi-spears. Hydralisk looks much like preatorian. The list of the similiaritys of Avp and Sc are so long that I dont think il post it all. Even the story-lines are the same in a strange way... thou I dont mind at all.

Terrorfarmer

hmm.... i don't think they ripped off...

Motaro

Ahh no, of course they did not, I just said it appeared to be so. Lol, thou also that 'random quote' thing on this site appeared funny today when I saw it say

Quote:
"How do I get out of this chickensit outfit" Hudson, 'aliens'.[

Anybody tried clicking the terran marine for about 6-7 times in a row?

MHAWK_PREDATOR

Quote:

On 2002-03-15 08:37, Hicks wrote:

This was a news submission from Jaglerz, but it's more of a forum topic than a news post so here goes:

Hi,

If anyone of you had read the whole story of starcraft and the supposed story of avp you certainly see some coincidence like: Terrans=Marines (obvously) Zergs=Aliens Protoss=Predator

First Terran,

They are some human that have been sent as colons for planet, got lost and are face to face with Zergs and Protoss.

Marine,

Military human that colonized planets and are face to face with Alien and Predator

Second Zergs,

They were created by the Xel'Naga race and are on a 'quest' to assimilate new forms of life to evoluate.

Aliens,

They're home as been infested with Marines and scientific and are using them as cocoon for their child.

Third Protoss,

They were a race also created by the Xel'Naga but they gone crazy and killed each other to finally kill each of the two race.

Predator,

They came to planets to hunt Aliens Marines got in the way and they are after them too...

I hope you see the similarity!!! Starcraft and AvP are pretty much the same and maybe they (Starcraft or Avp) are an evolution of the other!?!?! Maybe...

More to come,

Jaglerz

I am a Starcraft player and a master AVP2 player and I fully argree with you. If you are intersted there is an AVP2 tournemnet 3/24/02

join it one avp2 net

Motaro

Me and a friend of mine are 'trying' to make a total conversation of AvP2 and turn it into SC. We already got a dragoon and zealot model Thou it proceeds veeeeery slowly.

Cliff

I remember someone trying to make a SC mod that turned it into AvP

Cougar

I think that Blizzard and so on couldn't think of their own things to put in so they got stuff from other films and games. The zergling is a little like a Drone to me, and the MechWarrior thing (Can't remember name ) looks like the exo-suit as Motaro said. I think there is a lot of common stuff in the two games... which came out first?

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || beb26891380f87940a43de84e9249846)