AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

AvP and StarCraft

Forum: AvP Game
Everything about the First Game from Rebellion.
Topic: AvP and StarCraft
Total Posts: 82

Motaro

I have also heard of that AvP mod for Sc, cliff.

And that Mechwarrior your thinking about is probably a Goliath, cougar. And they do have alot in common... Machine guns and rockets.

And I think that SC came out first, thou I might be mistaking. Anybody know?

And about stealing things from films... I think I remember somebody in a different forum about alien acid spiting mention that in one alien movie a alien spit acid into the face of a human and then pulled him into a fan. Those who have SC, go look at the zerg cinematic : Battle on the Amerigo.

Cougar

I am looking for my SC case now to see if it has the date written in the manual or something because usually they would include that. If I could find the disc I would look on the main screen because under the version number it has something like: Copyright bla bla bla...

Lost the case and disc a few days back now

Terrorfarmer

any questions about starcraft? ask me

sc came out in 1997... so it came out first

Motaro

Actually it says besides the copyright thing 1998.

Cougar

They copied things from the alien and predator films then? Maybe it came out before and AvP copied the Goliath and made Exo-Suits and stuff? Did any of them do any copieng at all?

Motaro

Maybe it is all just a strange coinsidence...

Or then AvP3 will contain a storyline where say... the protoss are made and the zerg hatched and so connecting Sc and Avp making them one perfect being.

Bah, am I starting to sound like the Zerg overmind?

Cougar

Well, I guess the Zerg influence is a strong one. No matter how good they are or how many similarities there are between both Zerg and Xenomorph, I think the true Xenomorph's would kick the Zerg ass any day!

Motaro

That is probably because you have never got to command the drones from third person and control the zergs from first :p Either ways, I think that on a planet with only zergs and xenomorph, the zergs be victorious. First of all, sooner or later the humans for the xenomorphs will all die out and then they wont have anything to be born from. The zerg dont need any resources to evolve, morph, develope, grow etc (the minerals in the game are just to even it out ) and then again the zerg got flying units and are nearly impossible to fully eradicate.

Cougar

The thing people forget is that Xenomorphs infest a particularly large colony in which many humans live in. But come to think of it, in a way you are right! The xenomorphs would put up a good fight... probably, but they would die out from lack of hosts. :O :O

Motaro

In a certain way, the zerg are more developed than the xenomorphs, dont you think? For example, they construct buildings (well alright, morph into) and some are even offensive. Sunken colonies for example. Xenomorphs start of as facehuggers and have several stages of their life while zergs can order 2 fully evolved zerglings to hatch from one egg.

And how does the xenomorphs put up against the burrowing ability?

Terrorfarmer

they have air.. that makes the zerg obviously superior as an alien can never reach the zerg.... and even then... i would like to see a fight between an alien and a zerg ultralisk ...

and aliens only fight marines.... zergs fight also battlecruisers, tanks and stuff

Cougar

In the book of Aliens and in a lot of other Alien books they mention that about three aliens managed to shred a Colonial Marine APC in less than three minutes. If aliens got onto a dropship or "battlecruiser" somehow they would blow it up from the inside

Yes its true the Zergs are more developed than the Xenomorph, but the Xenomorph come in greater numbers... until they run out of hosts, right? Zergs need air to live, am I right? Xenomorphs don't! Another advantage to them !

Terrorfarmer

No.. they do not need air... at least not the air units as they can fly through space and i don't think that aliens can facehug zergs meaning that their numbers don't increase... the zergs numbers increase very very fast and their swars consist of milions of zergs

Cougar

Ground zergs do... according to some site I went to a while ago. But then again, I don't know much about Zerg anatomy, cause unlike Aliens, nobody lives long enough to study one at a lab Poor bastards on the Auriga, lol.

Motaro

A zerg mutalisk can be extremely dangerous.

Now im thinking about the end cinematic of the protoss campaign. 2 Mutalisk get inside a gigantic protoss carrier and 1 of them fires 1 single shot that blast 1/3 of the ship... that the ship afterwards destroyed the zerg overmind in a kamakaze mission is not the point . And yes, the ground zerg do need air to live but as mentioned, the zerg flying ability will always be superior. Unless the xenomorphs evolve wings. In the book Perspective, (from which I have unfortunately been fired) the predator chapter, I was first thinking about a xenomorph with wings.

Terrorfarmer

well... even if the xenomorph has wings.. the mutalisk is just incredibly fast... and has range.. i don't think the xenomorph could beat it...

And 1 mutalisk did not destroy 1/3 of the ship... it did do pretty good damage yes... but the ship was falling apart anyway...

i loved it how the guys at the auriga got slaughtered... and it was cool to see when the marine opened his suit... that guy has been smoking the last 4 hours withouth opening his suit...

Motaro

Nah, the ship was on a collision course with the overmind. But it looked good as hell when it hit the overmind.

And it wasnt the auriga they were on, it was the amerigo. Not much difference in the name, but still. And yes, that smoking guy was very funny. Then again, it is a classic scene where the guy detonates the nuke and himself with it.

Cougar

Oh? You mean Aldaris? I think it was Aldaris on the protoss mothership that drove it into the Overmind in order to stop the Zerg from infesting Auir, plus in a great effort to aid Raynor and some of the rebellious efforts from the Confederate army. I believe so anyways, I am not so sure if it was Aldaris though, I think it was actually... damn I can't remember his name but it begins with "T" I will have a look later ... The protoss were one of the better species.

Motaro

His name was Tassadar. Half dark templar and half templar I think. And in the cinematic Battle on amerigo (which is my favourite after the protoss end) one of the marines fires a grenade from his gauss rifle. In other words, marines have pulse rifles.

Terrorfarmer

not pulse rifle.... it's just a machine gun...

I like the end cinematic of the zerg brood war campaign best...

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || 7d4b0153d2ae0bdfb0c1fbd992dd6955)