AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

AvP and StarCraft

Forum: AvP Game
Everything about the First Game from Rebellion.
Topic: AvP and StarCraft
Total Posts: 82

Motaro

Machine gun... well alright, but fact is still that he fires a grenade with it.

Terrorfarmer

true.... but pulse rifle is just a name... in sc it's called *getting manual* the 8mm C-14 "Impaler" Gauss gun

Motaro

I wasnt really refering to its name, I was just pointing out that it was much like the AvP pulse rifle.

Terrorfarmer

oh yeah i agree on that

Cougar

I dont really need to start a new forum on this so here goes: For those of you who have played Tiberian Sun, in the cinematics you sometimes see the infantry with their rifles, they look like Pulse rifles to me!!! Did the designer of that gun from Aliens start a chain of futuristic weaponry for games?

Terrorfarmer

hmm i don't play TS (don't like it) but i think that they did not ripp off any guns or anything from alien

Cougar

The Pulse-Rifle looking gun in the cinematic is an assault-rifle, it doesn't sound like the M41-A but it just looks very similar, the added bits on it is a recoil pad to stop yourself from flying back aginst the wall or something. It looks quite similar it just isn't exactly the same. That's the only thing that looks related to anything from Aliens or Predator. From what I noticed anyways,

Motaro

Hmm, I have only played a burned copy of TS so I havnt seen the cinematics of it. I completed the game but nothing really got stuck in my mind because of lack of atmosphere. In other words, TS is horribly boring.

Cougar

I think the game is too easy, so is the add-on. They are both one of Westwoods blunders. Like RA2, that was easy enough, not much of a challenge to them.

Terrorfarmer

i found the graphix to be bad and the units were boring.... unlike the original c&c....

Cougar

The only unit I actually found interesting was the mobile war factory for the add-on. Now wasn't that a bit fucked up, man. The GDI - mutant - ghost stalker was just to make up for not having Tanya from RA and RA2. Too much of it was orginal to me. At least in Firestorm there is some differences.

Terrorfarmer

tell me about it.... mammoth mk2... god what a bad design, and banshee fighters... i don't understand why they needed 5 years to come up with such units and grafix.... it realy sucked

Cliff

I came here thinking this was a discussion about the similarities between SC and AvP now it’s about TS and I know nothing about TS. Perhaps I can get one of my TS loving friends over here.

Terrorfarmer

... well.. ok back to starcraft then

the_demigod

Quote:

On 2002-03-29 14:26, Terrorfarmer wrote:

tell me about it.... mammoth mk2... god what a bad design, and banshee fighters... i don't understand why they needed 5 years to come up with such units and grafix.... it realy sucked

Anyone played the New Era 2000 mod?? it unlocks many cool modes and weapon types...

Yere

Is that the one with tesla troopers or something?

Jaglerz

Quote:

On 2002-03-24 09:09, Terrorfarmer wrote:

any questions about starcraft? ask me

sc came out in 1997... so it came out first

Maybe it came out first but the game was on making when A4 got out in cinemas so maybe after listening to it they got an idea!! DONT BLOW AVP DOWN CUZ IT RULEZ

Cliff

Quote:
DONT BLOW AVP DOWN CUZ IT RULEZ

I agree with you on the Rulez part but nobodies really blowing AvP only telling us a few facts.

Skar'ku_Mar'kel-ja

I aggree. comparing Star craft with AvP is an insult all by istself. you can't compare the two. personally i hate stratigy games. AvP 4 me!

}{elios

Well same here. Tho the game is really fammiliar, and heck ho do we know that the producers wernt alien fanatics like we are. Mabey they did decide to get ideas from the movies. You never know

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || 25d305a56f2100358cd56415f3fbbb15)