AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

what is the best species

Forum: Various Stories
Discuss the multitude of stories appearing at GS.
Topic: what is the best species
Total Posts: 121

_Ccx

That's what i like them for. No need to kill them - they do it themselves

Acid-Death

I know this sounds stupid (and comment me if it does) But what is a metroid. Yhe only metroids I know are the big lumps of rock and ice in disaster movies, or are you talking about the same thing.

killadutch

jeeez MArk, did you even read my post??? I said they COULD blow them up from orbit, and it would be end of story. But they play the hunting game, and go in and manually wipe out all the other puny species.

Skar'ku_Mar'kel-ja

thats alright then. i was thinking when you said that. "damn that sounds alot like something humans would do"!!!

TheBlackCat

Basically a giant jellyfish with teeth. They like to latch on to enemies and drain their life energy, reducing them to a pile of sand. They're nearly unbeatable, requiring a special type of missile and (some) a weapon called the ice beam to beat them (at least in all the games but metroid prime, I haven't faced them in metroid prime yet). They are the main driving force behind the metroid series of games.

They can turn into bigger and meaner creatures like:

(about 8 feet tall)
and

(about 10 feet tall)

Skar'ku_Mar'kel-ja

hey they look wickedly deadly but i prefer xenos they look better!!

AngrySpoon

Those metroid monsters look really stipid. I think preds look the coolest of all the "monsters" out there. well, at least the second one from P2. The only comp. they got in looks is the Skaarj, and mabe a Xeno. The first pred looks more like an animal, not a dark hunter.

Skar'ku_Mar'kel-ja

Yeah well you can't expect everything to be perfect the first time round!

NiteStalker

Quote:
The kill ratio of preds vs. Other species is 1-15 or so. MEaning a pred kills 15 or so members of other species before dying.

yes, but it fought in 1-on-1 combat. as you can tell, preds are physically superior to a human by a landslide, so 1-on-1 combat relies on equipment for the hoomie to have a chance. were any of the humans in either movie really that well equipped? the hmans didnt really have a chance when facing him 1-on-1, so the pred was able to pick them of one at a time. it kind of defeats the purpose of the ratio - 15-to-1 implies the pred would have to be outnumbered 15-to-1 to lose.

and since when have xenos cared about casualties?
"is the queen alive? yes. oh good, we won" is their mentality.

Quote:
And don't forget their immensly powerful weaponry

humans have nukes, which would do some serious damage to a pred whether they are radiation-proof or not. miniguns etc which have a rof big enough to counter anything as trivial as invisibility or extraordinary toughness, and some of the bullets coming out of those guns... no matter how tough the pred is, can he run without any legs, arms, only half a head and quarter of a torso? i didnt think so. plus all the other power weapons humans have. and this is now - think about the future, when this is actually set!

a pred can lose in 1-on-1 combat against a skilled opponent. dutch and the guy on pred 2 both took out a pred in 1-on-1 and won (try and say that 5 times quickly!), so

and aliens are the best.

yes they are.

YES THEY ARE!!!!!

P!$$ OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skar'ku_Mar'kel-ja

alright man you showed them!! go for gold brother. may xenos live long and prosper and all the rest!!!

Preliator

NEEVERRRR I hate hate hate aliens. just kiddin By the way what the helll iza lemming? Oh yeah and since metroids mutate they can be as cool or stupid looking as you want them to be.

TheBlackCat

There are 2 types of lemmings:
Boring lemmings:

And cool lemmings:

Predators have nukes as well, and they are significanlty smaller and more portable than human nukes.

Predators have one major weakness: their rules. The only reason anybody survived all but 1 of the pred encounters was because the pred was playing by the rules, and in that case the pred did not have his most powerful weapons, and was at a disadvantage because he was insane. If a pred stops playing by the rules, and has all his technology available, your dead. You don't stand a chane. He could just snipe everybody from a distance, or blow them to bits with his ship-based weapons (if you go with the weapons the ships have in the comics). So yes, the predator could theoretically massacre all the other species with not trouble whatsoever, they won't and in practice can't because of all the rules they have on combat.

Skar'ku_Mar'kel-ja

Do lemmings have nukes?!! and cloaking field generators and plasma caster?! huh do they?!
BUGGER OFF!!!!
hhahahahaha
na i remember lemmings from the good ol days u knoe back int Nam and and the 70s and that!!!
DIOTB

Skar'ku_Mar'kel-ja

i reckon lemmings would be a cool online speicies!!!!!!!!!
no bull they could win the hearts of the pathetic humans then when th humn has its bacck turn WHHHAAAAMMMMM! Blow it brains ouT!!!!
DIOTB

the_demigod

How about we stay away from lemmings???? I know they are lethal, but....

I also liked the Cyborg Mothers in System Shock2

Skar'ku_Mar'kel-ja

But demi! these are lemmings we are talking about here!!! they are not to be messed with! they are the most dangrous species known to man!
beware the person who bad mouths the leathal LEMMINGS!!!
DIOTB

}{elios

Well, ill have to go with "xenomorphs,aliens,buggs,big insects from hell" their fast as fuck, they learn what they eat,they regenerate almost instantly,they use stealth rather that just attack anything they see, there this |---|------ close to becoming the best speicies in the universe, the only thing that makes them infirior is that they cant fly and they cant survive in space, and they dont use tools. besides that their perfect.Hehehe, but sadly they have no armour to protect them just "too-damm-hard-skin"mabey they'll evolve outta that.

Crazy Alien Lord

hey do any off you actually read the starting of the post. i said dont talk abou the alines. its a down right no contest. YOU CANT BEAT ALIENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
now back to the forum as far as the best evil creature in this universe it is a down right no contest no argument that the creature is known as my step mom. please do not excuse my french she is a BITCH from hell.

Skar'ku_Mar'kel-ja

Mar'kel-ja says: i look at these two jabroney species down here and shake my head!!!
Alien Yautja Allied Assult!!! ALL THE WAY!!!

the_demigod

I've spent some time thinking on this topic and I've suddenyl discovered that I can't recall too many aliens--shows that I don't play too many scifi games anymore. Just shooters, driving sims and thats about it...

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || f4addf911e82ed46952c3e1b31fa1550)