AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

what is the best species

Forum: Various Stories
Discuss the multitude of stories appearing at GS.
Topic: what is the best species
Total Posts: 121

Renegade

Just some more useless info that i found(most of which refers to LotR)...

Balrogs (Valaraukar) are rare creatures, enormous in size and extremely dangerous in combat. The most famous Balrog is the one who faught against Gandalf in Moria (LotR). They are maiar who followed Morgoth instead of the light. Balrogs use magical flaming whips and often combine this deadly weapon with a sabre. Durin

Renegade

also, heres some info on dragons (also from LotR)...

Dragons are a sort of huge lizards (often flying and breathing fire) with a great love for gold and valuables. Smaug is thought to have been the last dragon in Middle Earth but no one knows for sure if there are more dragons in the world. Dragons are clever and cunning creatures, almost as deadly using their tongue to lure their victims closer, as when they use their raw power and firebreathing mouth to kill. There appear to have been three strains of dragons: the cold-drakes, the Urul

Deaderalien

the flood from halo the little squid looking things ston you and mutate you into a flood they use weopons and are physicly strong not to mention jumping 40 feet in the air once something becomes a flood after awhile it gets big explodes and tons of squids come out and it starts over

Renegade

god i hate those little squid things, theres like a never ending swarm of those things coming at you from all directions, worst of all, i usually have to reload just when the start getting REALLY close!!!

Skar'ku_Mar'kel-ja

Quote:
I just posted a few pics of a Balrog in the Free 4 all section on AbsoluteAvP, check'em out when u get the chance

i will thanks for the extra info as well!! good read it was!!!

SirYawnalot

Ahh I love The Silmarillion, definitely my favourite LOTR book. Glaurung (first dragon, wingless) is probably the most evil dude I've ever read about in a book, and Gothmog lord of Balrogs is pretty damn cool.

My favourite mythological creature though has to be the Hydra, although in Age of Mythology Hydras are kind of shit, so in that game I tend to prefer Gorgons (think Medusa) and Manticores.

Anyway onto the dinosaur debate, if you stumbled upon a velociraptor it's most likely that it would run away. Sure if it went for the throat it probably *could* kill you, but so could wolves and the only attacks on humans by wolves have been by rabids. On the whole, animals velociraptor's size tend to avoid humans if they can. Probably the largest prey velociraptor would commonly tackle was protoceratops, a Mongolian ceratopsian the size of a sheep and about as common. The rest of the time they'd most likely just snack on passing insects...

When watching Jurassic Park, whenever they say 'velociraptor' I pretend they've said 'deinonychus', which far more fits the description of the dromeiosaurid seen in the movies. It was a bit bigger than a man, more powerfully built than others of the same family and might have walked with a far more upright stance than other raptors. In the days before Jurassic Park deinonychae were far more well known than velociraptors... seems so long ago now.

Renegade

WooHoo! my pics r up in the Free 4 all gallery section, and i just submitted 2 more, the pics are of the Balrog and of Smaug the dragon (both from LotR)

Skar'ku_Mar'kel-ja

Man whats up with the LOTR stuff?! all i have done is read the book like three times i think!! i like it but no time to get to deeply invovled with it!!

Tremor

Let me make an argument for Aliens as the best species. Aliens can and will adapt to other species (as Runners were hosted by dogs and Predaliens were hosted by Predators). Aliens, as a sort of "plague" will certainly use up all available resources. That is what they do. However, this apparently doesn't mean their demise. In this event, the Alien species can survive in egg form indefinitely (?) I'm thinking of the eggs from the first Alien. For a species without civilization, a plague species, this is perfectly acceptable. I prefer playing Aliens honestly because they can wall walk, which is really fun. I also like to have to sneak up on opponents. Anyone can camp, snipe, disk, etc. It takes more skill to sneak up to melee range on your opponent than it does to point at them from whatever distance and press fire, and I find my successes much more rewarding this way. Kudos to all Predators that stay the disk and plasma: You make this game truly fun. I usually pick the Runner, who has no one-shot kill against a relatively armored Marine or Predator, has weak armor itself. The challenge is what I enjoy, not the kill. Maybe I should be a Pred? lol [IMG]null[/IMG]

SirYawnalot

Skar, I agree it's a bit hard to get caught up in all the middle earth mythology just by reading LOTR. I wasn't too interested either until I read The Silmarillion. It's hard to get into and some pretty damn heavy reading, but it has some great story arcs in it and is well worth the read.

As for the pics... Renegade did you do those yourself?? They're pretty bloody amazing...

Renegade

no, sadly, the pics are not my own, i downloaded those pics from Kazaa, 2 more pics should be up in a little while so keep checkin back to see if they're there

TheBlackCat

Another great creature, the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (minus one minor weakness). Vogons are close behind

SirYawnalot

Lol, but Dan Akroyd with the most bizarre wig I've ever seen beat the crap out of it with some golfing, remember?

Crazy Alien Lord

awww. yes renegade u revered to my decaying archnemises. the flood. I hate them more then the covenant. have u watched the full cinimas on quilty spark. I mean the one were MC watches the final moments of wilcox or wilcons. what ever his name is. it shows the indroduction of the flood. i like to just charge at the flood. i dont run away. if i am out of ammo i simply jump over them or keep on reloading well i get beaten by the big guys. then i get the shot gun out and pump them all full of lead.

Renegade

id rather fight 10 Covenant Hunters than the Flood

TheBlackCat

Quote:
Lol, but Dan Akroyd with the most bizarre wig I've ever seen beat the crap out of it with some golfing, remember?

I think we might be thinking of (slightly) different creatures.

Deaderalien

THe ultimate creature is on a movie i think it is called phantom town its huge and small it kills peaple and can change into anything it kills it turns into a moth about 1 foot long the looks out the window and flys on his head and eats his brain in about 5 seconds

Deaderalien

about 2 of em could kill the entire pred homeworld sadly the only thing that kills em is acid
also it doesnt even die with acid i just gets hurt barely and sleeps

TheBlackCat

I think it was called "the ancient enemy," phantoms was the name of the movie (sort of like tremors, the movie name was tremors but the creatures were called graboids). They tried to kill it with a bio-weapon attack. They used an enhanced oil-eating bacteria that also consumed that life-form's tissues (since its biochemical make-up was very similar to that of petroleum). However, they did not destroy it all, some of it escaped. It could absorb any creature and transform into that creature. It absorbed with it its memories and personality and other mental traits. When it started absorbing humans, it also gained the ability to transform into any creature that person has imagined or seen (hence the moth, which was probably one of the creatures drawn by that demon-obsessed kid).

Speaking of tremors, graboids are definitely another cool creature.

Crazy Alien Lord

you would rather fight hunters. my god there easy. shoot them once in any orange area with a pistol and there dead. hell the jackals are almost harder to take down. even on legendary the hunters are easy. now flood. the are a enemy. i love the way they just go down with one shot gun hit. it is so funny. the flood are just walking decay. the biggest of the two gun carying flood are just dead elites. if u dont believe me check the feet of elites and the feet of the dead big flood. now the smaller gun carying flood are just dead humans. check the heads and feet if u dont believe me. also the dead elite covenent flood can be proven by the heads. look closly and u will see some resemblence to the elites. flood are a good enemy they just keep coming and coming. like xenos should in games. wave after wave of relentless no strategy enemys.

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || 8c88669fa025002776d9331b4b9efcf5)