AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

the evolution of a queen

Forum: AvP 2 Game
Everything about the Second Game from Monolith.
Topic: the evolution of a queen
Total Posts: 98

NiteStalker

yes, chestbursters and facehuggers are extremely resilient creatures (NOT!), so that makes sense. what i meant by them not being on the top of the food chain is that their may be a more vicious creature out there that is so super-nasty it gives the xenos a bad time without th benifit of super weapons that kill them without getting close. or there might be a sentient race on their homeplanet who have small alien-proof bases on the planet. that would explain a lot. they woul;d be extremely challenging to the hive - a base of ranged combatants who cant be reached half the time. OR the bugs might be on the top of the food chain, only they overpopulated the planet and constantly war with each other for territory and food/hosts. or there could be another race of bugz. in one comic (dunno which, cant remember) there are red aliens. they are just like blacks only about half again as big and lots more aggressive and stronger, but they are outnumbered by blacks about 10-1 because they have a long impregantion/gestation time. and they usually come out only just beaten by the black swarms.

the possibilities are endless.....

DaggleC

Er, who said the aliens have their own planet?

TheBlackCat

No, I agree that they are not the top of the food chain. I was just stating a few alternatives to that theory that are also (remotely) possible.

Crazy Alien Lord

the bad published books say that the aliens have a "home planet" not that they seem all that out of place anywere.

NiteStalker

who said they dont?

DaggleC

Well if you take one book as canon, you must take all the books as canon, but you can't, because they contradict themselves. So it's easier to ignore all the books, and use the films as the only true canon.

The films don't show any such planet, and presuming they DO have a planet is a hell of an assumption.

TheBlackCat

If they are naturally occurring, then they would have a home planet, by definition. It may no longer exist, but there had to have been one at some point. If they were genetically engineered, which is possible, then they might not have a home planet, and even if they did they could be at the top of the food chain (in which case they probably wiped out most life on that planet)

Skar'ku_Mar'kel-ja

not true. did you rraed sloffys DoX? i should think so. that tells you that the xenos are a synthetic species that went out of control. and so they would have a home planet. the one they were made on.

AlienSlof

My book uses an assumption, but is by no means canon either - it's just my (and Anise's) idea - I liked Anise's idea and made use of it, that's all. It's just one of many different possibilities.

DaggleC

I highly doubt they occurred naturally, therefore I highly doubt they have their own planet. In fact, it's almost a given fact that they were manufactured.

Although 'Payback' is the most realistic of the natural occuring stories I've read. It doesn't mean I agree with it though

Skar'ku_Mar'kel-ja

Quote:
My book uses an assumption,

that doesn't mean anything this species don't even exist so know one even knows how when or why. people could just say "oh THIS was how the xenos were made and this is where"
get my meaning? i knew ya wouldn't!

TheBlackCat

What makes it so certain they were manufactured?

AlienSlof

What makes it so certain they weren't?

Anise

'They may be gods' covers the manufactured idea. A lot of people like the manufactured Idea.

'Payback' covers a more natural development, which a lot of people like the idea of, but does demand a certain level of belief in an active nature, even, maybe, supernature. Or a belief in the gaia theory of living panets. I don't subscribe myself but it doesn't stop me using it as the basis for an idea.

DaggleC

How can something so dedicated to destroying life, be anything other than manufactured. They look biomechanical, and that's probably because they are. Biomech's cannot evolve naturally... can they?

I highly doubt they can.

Anise

Well, as you know, I subscribe to TMBG. But Payback covers my arse, too

For a while I've wanted to come up with a natural method but 'Payback' is, to be honest, pretty far fetched. But on the other hand (looks over shoulder in case nature is listening), who knows (Cue Twilight Zone music). How's it go? "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of by your philosophy, Horatio". I bet I miss-quoted.

I still go with TMBG.

AlienSlof

Me too! How could I not after I've used it in DoX 1 and 2?!

Skar'ku_Mar'kel-ja

Quote:
How can something so dedicated to destroying life, be anything other than manufactured.

every easily. the best example is right in fron of you everywhere you go. HUMANS!!

DaggleC

You've obviously missed the point entirely

Anise

Actually, if we were so dedicated at destroying life we would have done it by now. Give the majority of people on the planet credit for learning. It's the thoughtless minority that puts us all at risk. It's the thoughtless blood-lusted few that tars every human with the same brush. Are you a wanton killer? Is Slof? Am I? Are any number of millions? No. And that's important. Humans shouldn't be knocked just because of the few. We are learning. Look at the world now and look at it as little as forty years ago. The rivers are cleaner, the air is cleaner, the London smog is unheard of now, yet once it was a killer. If we weren't learning, we would be dead by now. Maybe we aren't learning fast enough, but we are learning. To continue along the lines of 'humans are crap' would be to deny a lot of good people their hard work in striving to make a sickened planet a better planet. Worth thinking about.

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || 5765ffa8cb9d933706e3a1cb2aa045a3)