AbsoluteGamerzNetwork
Absolute Gamerz

Fitness!!

Forum: Life As It Happens
Work [slavery], men&women, books, food, life as you see it.
Topic: Fitness!!
Total Posts: 635

Skar'ku_Mar'kel-ja

Quote:
Hey, no one's been posting for awhile so I thought I would. I am doing wrestling along with sparring now and I'd say I'm pretty good. My first year I placed in all my tournaments including the varcity one. I would have taken 1st in league but he damn ref cheated me and called me for stalling when the guy was ramming my face into the mat. I even pinned my opponent but he didn't call it. Probably was because the finals were held at the same school I was wrestling against. Anyways, my opponent was a good athlethe who I respect but I still hate that ref.

Bias referees are a pain in the a**, our rugby team used to cop bais refs all the time, i hated it, you put in alot of effort, then the ref cans you because he wants the opposition to win, gives you a good reason to fight harder though, just to make a point. Or you can punch the referee in the head...

Mar.

TheBlackCat

My father did wrestling. He had the school record for the fastest pin. That would be great, except he was the one being pinned

Viray

I really did feel like punching the ref in the head but I would have preferred staying in the finals and still placing. Plus, I would have given my school a bad name and probably have been expelled. Still, it would have felt good...

Quote:
My father did wrestling. He had the school record for the fastest pin. That would be great, except he was the one being pinned

Funny

hardkoreUSMC

Ref's can either be a pain in the ass or a big help.

I have to run 3 miles every night while "highporting" a giant guidon flagstick, do 100 pushups and crunches (which aint about shit).

I think I cracked my elbow falling off my rack at night...i did end up falling about nearly 6 feet.

Skar'ku_Mar'kel-ja

Ouch, elbows hurt, they are a pain in the ass some times.

Mar.

Viray

I hate injuries. Wrestling season has started yet for me but there is a club formed at my school where we can practise and compete. Problem is my right foot is injured so it's hard to run and during sparring a guy weighing like 180 pounds crushed my finger by sprawling on it. He landed on it when it was on a certain angle so he cracked it real good. I never heard it crack like that before. Club practise is mandatory but eh, I hate not doing anything.

hardkoreUSMC

Well the crack was just a bruise/ contusion...so its nothing big thank God.

Thank God you cracked a bone Viray instead of injuring soft tissue....THAT really sucks.

Viray

Actually I don't know what it turned out to be. All I know was that it hurt, still does if you bend it too much, and that I had lost most of its mobility. Unfortunately the ability to use my fingers is very important in wrestling. Still, I placed third in an off season tournament with it so yay! It's healing and soon I think I'll be able to get back to sparring class.

hardkoreUSMC

Good job man, injuries suck

I run while high porting (holding straight above my head) a gigantic flag staff...it felt about 30 degrees F outside..and normally my hands go numb on a regular morning from blood loss, but man...blood loss PLUS freezing temperature made my hands ice blocks. When the run was over, i couldn't use my fingers, and it felt like my blood was 90000 F under the skin; i almost wanted to cry it was so much.

Viray

Sounds like they put you guys through some rough stuff. Good training I suppose but you guys must seems beat up after all of it. You guys get a rest day?

Preliator

Quote:

I think I cracked my elbow falling off my rack at night...i did end up falling about nearly 6 feet.

I know how that feels i had an open fracture two inches below the joint in sparing match by acident, it still grinds.
I run 3 - 6 miles 3 times a week and regularly do calistenics and the usual push ups and situps every day, and even tho id say im in decent shape im not in great shape.
I guess it all depends on genetics

hardkoreUSMC

Nah you're in excellent shape seeing the American standard for "good shape" has pitifully low. The fact you can run 3-6 miles is more than alot of people (add in the extra PT).

You haven't been here in awhile Prel ? h:

Skar'ku_Mar'kel-ja

I agree, even I find it hard to keep in contact with Preliator these days, mainly givin to his choice of vocation i think.

Mar.

hardkoreUSMC

Doing Guidon Candidacy which I emphasize in the aspect of UBD "Upper Body Destroyers"

hardkoreUSMC

Well, physically speaking...

I really don't care to haze myself like I used to.

I'd rather study various classes and courses I'm taking.

Plus, I think I've torn/damaged some soft tissue in my
elbow joint.

All copyrights and trademarks belong to their respective owners. This site is for the promotion of selected material, no infringements are intended. All reasonable efforts have been taken to credit the respective owners and/or authors.

AbsoluteGamerzNetwork

Cookie Policy | Privacy Policy

(AA || 960a842503ca54d913cfad161d872a78)